Habboi's Blog of Games Design and All Things Awesome!

A Blog made of Awesome and Kittens. ;-)

Monday, 13 December 2010

Portfolio Scene 09 - Nearing the end :D

I'm nearing the end of this scene and only have the light model at the back to UV and texture. I used UDK's tiledshot command to take a screenshot 4 times the size of my screen and then compressed it to create false AA.

I ran into a problem like so many others where the vignette post process overlay wasn't enlarging to fit the large screenshot. This caused a nasty tiling effect and I am unable to fix it so I added the vignette using Photoshop and the original gradient map.

Overall I'm pleased with where this has gone but the sofa's are bothering me. UDK is adding shadows to the cushions like it should but they're low res even though I set the density to 1024. I keep running out of memory if I make it any higher so I might have to accept it as yet another PC limit problem. If only I didn't get Vista...

Labels: , ,

| Back to Top |


Anonymous Anonymous said...

holy crap dude. I thought this was rendered with renderman or mental ray. I can't beleive that's UDK. keep up the good work.

10 January 2011 at 23:59  

Blogger Habboi said...

Thanks but this is actually fairly old now. I released another picture after this on Polycount as a final but people suggested tons of improvements so I have gone back and really tweaked it.

I'm super pissed right now though becuase I keep running out of memory when trying to compile it >_< Only by like 40 Mb.

11 January 2011 at 17:26  

Blogger Habboi said...

Here's a link for now.


11 January 2011 at 17:28  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home